Sunday, January 07, 2007

YOU, The Owner's Manual

I finally finished this book. It really didn't have too much information in it that shocked me. I thought that a lot of the information was available already, but I was suprised to read about all of the benefits of folic acid. I had always thought it was just necessary for women who were trying to get pregnant or who were already. Not true, folic acid is very important for complete health and cancer prevention. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for general health information. The recipes in the back of the book look yummy but I haven't tried any of them yet. I am excited to read the next book YOU, On a Diet because the information in this book leads me to believe that the diet plan that they offer is very moderate and nutritious. The final chapter in this book goes over the basics, has a food plan, and has sample recipes.

There are several different topics that are covered in this book. There is a chapter on every organ system and additional topics. Most of the recommendations end up being repeated throughout the book for health in every area.

Worth a read, even if you think you know it all about health and wellness, if only for the humor throughout the book.

No comments: