Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Union

Is it just me or does the State of the Union sound like a repeat every year?

It is quite interesting to watch Madame Speaker try to figure out when she should stand or not. I'm surprised she is not wearing red like the majority of the women in the audience.

When did Hilary get the June cleaver hairstyle? Or is this her dressy look? She does look better tonight than she did the last time I saw her...she looked awful. I have to believe though that they will be keeping an eye on the bags under her eyes for the next 2 years at least. It may make a difference to some people in the election.

So we are balancing the budget, reducing the deficit, and spending more money...hmmm---how does that work exactly? Bah... but ooo medical liability reform--that sounds interesting. Aww man...on to the temporary worker program again, another repeat.

One final note, I really wish that the same rules that apply in graduation ceremonies would apply to the State of the Union. These clapping breaks are always the most annoying part of this process.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I admit that I don't listen to it. I'll read the highlights, but sitting through ANY political speech both bores me to tears and angers me with the general stupidity they all contain.

And that clapping....good gravy can't someone change it? It's moronic!