Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 In Books

I managed to read 32 books this year. I started a few in December but with work craziness they are still not done. In no particular order my 2008, top 8 are:

Rosewater and Soda Bread

Harriet the Spy

Townhouse, a novel

Stealing Buddha's Dinner

Good Grief

Good in Bed & Certain Girls A Slight Cheat but it is a sequel.

Water For Elephants

Empty Picture Frame


Three of these books were for the BBBT. I might of gotten around to two of them if I hadn't participated but I doubt I would have sought out The Empty Picture Frame

I am glad that I kept track of my books in Good Reads this year, otherwise, at this point I would have relatively no clue what I read in the first half of the year since my computer crashed. There is a widget on the side so you can see what I have just finished... it hasn't changed recently but hopefully that will change in the New Year!

What were your favorites of 2008?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Let's see, I read:
- Kite Runner
- Red Swastika at the Crystal Palace (worst book EVER)
- The Time Traveler's Wife
- some baseball book I can't remember the name of (and am too lazy to go look at)
- French Lessons
- Ender's Game
- an R.A. Salvatore book (in the Drizzt series)
- The Last Herald Mage
- a fantasy book about vets and an alternate universe (I left it at the house in Oregon)
- two Babylon 5 books about Bester and Psi Corps
- Spin
- Good in Bed
- Part of a book by Obama

Think that's it. We're starting the Poisonwood Bible in book club. I've heard that you either love or hate the author so we'll see. I need to get it from the library.

Deb said...

Wait... you forgot the Labatomy book or is that the Red Swastika one?

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristi said...

Oh yeah - My Lobotomy. See, I knew I'd forget at least one. :-D