Wednesday, October 01, 2008

His give a damn is busted

I get that he is depressed and that his best friend is moving to the otherside of the world (or so it seems) but how the fark do you forget that your spouse is waiting for biopsy results to determine if she has the early stages of cancer...

I try really hard not to blog about our issues but this time I just don't know what to do. He really... doesn't care about anything. He can't even get excited about his team. I'm pretty hurt and I don't know that whatever is broken now between us can be fixed.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hon, it sounds like he needs some medical help with it. What you've described sounds exactly like untreated depression, and he needs to get some help - for both of you. I know what you mean, but having been in the "don't give a damn about anyone or anything" position, it's not something he can help. :(

I'm so sorry you're hurting and I'm sorry he's going through depression. Seriously - medicine can turn his life around if he'll take the step.

Please, both of you take care, and let me know what you hear back, k? HUGS to you!!

Me said...

I don't have a lot of advice (or a$$ice for you). I've written about my DH being lackluster a number of times and been told by my readers that he must be depressed. Well, he wasn't depressed. He was just being him - uber apathetic and unempathetic. I dunno if this is your DH just being himself or if this is a shift from the norm. If it's norman then... well, then you're kinda SOL. If this is a shift... then maybe he's depressed and someone can help. Or maybe he just needs time to come out of it on his own. Or maybe he needs your help. I just don't know enough about the situation to even venture a guess. But I can say this. I know how it feels to be isolated in your marriage. I know how it feels to not perceive that your spouce is involved in your life. It sux monkey balls. I'm really sorry you feel that way right now and I hope it doesn't persist for very long.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Truly, I have no good words--just a hug.