Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Suggestions Please

We have a family dinner on Sunday and I picked out the menu but I need some final suggestions.

One of the items that I requested was loaded mashed potatoes but since we have picky eaters we are making a tray of toppings. So far I have the typical toppings of bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onions. We will probably have sour cream too. Can you think of any other toppings for mashed potatoes?

The other items that I need suggestion for is the dessert fondue. We are making the peanut butter dip from Crockpot lady and one of her chocolate fondues but I haven't decided which one yet. If you have tried a chocolate fondue that you really like, please share. I tested the peanut butter one and know that I need to double the recipe for the group.

Dippers I have in mind are:

Strawberries, marshmellows, graham crackers, bananas, shortbread cookies, apple slices

Any other favorite dipper?

Thanks!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hmmmm

For the potatoes - a chunky salsa or pico de gallo, chili, (dare I suggest) sautéed fungus, curry sauce, tomatoes, horseradish, smoked sausage, a stronger cheese like feta or bleu

For the dippers - Oreos, pound cake, pineapple, caramels, pretzels, potato chips (honest, it's good with chocolate!), rice krispie treats, cherries, angel food cake....doggonit, now I want fondue!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

What about some steamed veggies for the potatoes? Broccoli florets?

Deb said...

Yes! Broccoli, that was one I forgot. Horseradish would be good but not for this crowd. Maybe I will bring a small container for those that would try it. Mushrooms might be good too. OO and how could i forget corn.

O and I know a few people who would want the oreos... maybe they have a combo pack of the reg and golden. I never buy them unless DH sees them on sale. I am going to make a batch of rice krispie treats. I have cherries in the fridge to get rid of since I am not supposed to eat them. I know a certain 4 yr old that will be in heaven when she sees the bottle.

Thanks for the ideas and if there are any others fire away!