Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Thaw...

Well... this spring like weather helped a bit. I didn't go out in it but the "wet dog" smell permeated the garage and other areas of the home when the door was open. I may not have gone out but I did get some "spring like cleaning" done today. Since it has warmed up it seemed a good time to wash all the house blankets and other items used to keep warm around here. I still have one more load to throw in but I am sure that it will get done tonight. I should wash the bed blanket too but I can't wash the comforter in my washer so I will just take them together to the laundrymat at some point--- either before it gets cold again or in the real spring.

I should have spent some time working this afternoon instead of doing things like reorganizing the linen closet and making banana spice bread/mini muffins. DH has been preoccupied with his new monitor that he bought yesterday. It is a bit smaller than he wanted originally but in the end we saved $70.00 over what he was originally looking at so as long as he is happy, I am happy. Plus that means he has an extra $70.00 to build into his new computer budget.

Tomorrow I have two doctors appointments and need to figure out how to fit in an inspection. None of the people I called for appointments on Friday called me back so it works out well since I have a ton of work to do and I have to run to both of those dr's appts. I am going to the OB/GYN to have the nurse check my BP. I am pretty sure it is running high but the only way to know is to have her check. I am supposed to start a new pack of BCP today but decided that I would just wait until tomorrow to fill it. One day really isn't going to screw my cycle up more than it has been anyhow. I will just take both pills tomorrow if I am allowed to stay on it. The other appt is a followup with the derm dr but I also have a strange rash on my neck which may or may not be related to the med that I have been using for awhile now to eliminate breakouts. Thanks to my PCOS, I still have the skin of a teenager and not the young looking kind. Hopefully it won't be anything major.

Anyhow... I am off to check the banana bread in the oven and get the dinner plates ready. I made beef stew in my new crockpot. It has been an adventure (this one runs way warmer than my old one) and this is the first time in over a year that I was able to make beef stew due to DH's stomach issues. He has been doing pretty well and has been able to reintroduce several foods without problems! Yay!

No comments: