Friday, January 07, 2011

Maybe I'm not crazy...

or maybe I still am. Tired of being a whiner, I stopped talking about what was going with me because I just thought it was going to be a part of everyday life with no known cause. It has started to seem that way after intermittent abdominal pain over the past 8 months. Appendicitis has been ruled out. My ob/gyn wasn't convinced that it was the ovarian cysts that were seen on both CT scans. My GI doctor thought she was probably right. Hopefully in the next week or so we will have a definite answer or at least a course of treatment.

The followup ultrasound showed that the cyst has not disappeared. Ob/Gyn says I need to come in to discuss options but of course I can't get in for another week. GI sent a letter that the blood work all came back normal so I don't have celiac disease and there isn't any inflammation showing so it most likely is not Chron's or Colitis. Yesterday I had another test that looks at the intestines more closely so hopefully this will show if there is a bowel issue.

I'm still processing and I hope that the Ob/Gyn has a quick answer.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yikes! :( I hope they find out something soon!