Friday, November 14, 2008

Go ahead...

I'm down, so go ahead and kick me life. Nothing major but enough to get my blood boiling and my stomach rolling. More money that needs to be spent when not a lot is coming in. I am really starting to think that maybe I am not in the place that I should be right now. I don't know how to fix it. I have discovered that I have managed to completely isolate myself over the past 5 years. I don't even know who I can put down for references on anything... a job application, a pet adoption form, or a child adoption form. i talk to people but I am not really close to anyone these days....

How did this happen and how do I fix it?

2 comments:

Lauren said...

awareness is the first step, so good for you! Next, who did you talk to before the last 5 years? Give them a call, I bet they miss you.

Kristi said...

I've been thinking about this over since I read your post yesterday. I think Lauren is right - awareness is the first step.

Putting yourself out there to meet new friends is a lesson in being vulnerable. But I think you will do fine because I know by experience that you are a wonderful listener and care about people. :)

As a fellow wallflower, it isn't easy, I know. If you are like me in this way, which I suspect you are, you will be more comfortable doing stuff with another couple or a couple of friends rather than a larger group. But you may have to brave the larger group to find those couples. :)

Start with people you know. Is there anyone you'd like to invite over for a game night or movie? If you can't think of anyone with whom you'd be interested in cultivating a deeper relationship, then look into what social/church groups you might join.

I wish you the best of luck...and wish we lived closer. I think we could have some great game nights!