Friday, November 02, 2007

Is this the future of many towns?

Have you caught this story yet? There are videos on Yahoo and on the page that I linked to. Personally, I didn't watch the video because if I wanted video I would seek it out on TV but hey, to each their own. Anyhow... to me this is slightly scary. I don't know if this is just one town's experience for now or if it is a glimpse into the future. I am sure that they can't be the first town to run out of water.

In our area, most of the suburbs use the same water source as the big metropolitan area. Our community though is still on community wells. We are located near a river and have several community wells that are still producing water on a pretty regular basis. In fact, this last summer we didn't even have watering restrictions that were published so the tanks must have been fuller than the year before. Even thru the worst of it, our water restrictions were loose compared to other towns.

We aren't so great at conserving water around here... but we do try. I turn off the faucet when brushing my teeth or washing up. We don't water the lawn but we do water the bushes, flowers, and trees if necessary.


Does this situation concern you? What methods do you use to conserve water?

No comments: