Thursday, November 08, 2007

Chicken Tortilla Stew

Last night I made Chicken Tortilla Stew for dinner. It came out pretty good. I will definately make it again but next time I want to try verde enchileda sauce instead of rojo. I added bell peppers and onions to the recipe and I think that I will most likely make that a permanent addition. It ups the veggies and personally, I love both so... yep, it is a go. I didn't use any tortilla chips or cilantro but we did top it with cheese and sour cream.

I used 5 chicken breasts (one whole package of large ones) and we ended up with 2 big bowls each, 1 leftover portion each, and a half gallon ice cream container full in the freezer. The recipe says that it is 9 servings for the original recipe but I think that I got at least an additional 2 with the extra veggies.

Check it out...

No comments: