Thursday, September 13, 2007

Observations on the road

I have been snapping some photos of items that caught my eye during inspections. I am still trying to figure out my new camera... I think I like Kodak better and will try to stick to that brand but this one works for now.

The first photos are of cicada casings. Several areas around here were saturated with them at the beginning of the summer. We didn't really notice them around here except I did find some of their skins/casings when I was gardening. It is very possible that we (DH or I) transported them from another town. I have noticed in spots where there were a lot of cicadas this year, there are lots of other bugs singing all the time. I'm starting to wonder if they are still around but in smaller quantities.










Does anyone know what type of caterpillar or bug this is?



Edited to add: I don't just think that I liked my kodaks better. I know that I did. I usually buy low end cameras because I drop them all time. This last time I went camera shopping, I couldn't find a Kodak camera for less than $175. Not bad but at the same time, I drop my camera all the time. The last few cameras I have had have been Kodaks and they usually survive quite a few "oops" moments. This last time I somehow got my camera caught in the doorjam of my car and when it fell out it smashed the LCD screen. It still took good pictures but I can't use a camera without a LCD screen due to the nature of my picture taking on most days. I am just disappointed in this camera because the pictures that I use the zoom function on don't seem to come out well at all. I didn't have that problem with any of my previous cameras. Kodak or off brand. Blah!

No comments: