Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Salad Challenge Final Recap

First three salads were posted here .

Wednesday ended up being a Carnitas Salad from Chipotle but I had corn salsa instead of tomato salsa that day.

Thursday I ended up not eating a salad because I wasn't feeling great.

Friday (01/15) I had a salad of mixed greens with some ground beef and onions on top, some cheddar cheese, a bit of sour cream, and some crushed tortilla chips. My stomach was not feeling all that steady so I didn't use any taco seasoning on my salad. My DH had the ground beef and onions with salsa added to top his salad.

Saturday I skipped out on a salad again due to not feeling so well.

Sunday I had Jason's Deli Marinated Chicken Salad - mixed greens, purple cabbage, 4 cherry tomatoes, some cheddar cheese on some chicken, guacamole, and some crushed tortilla chips on top

Monday (01/18)
Salad with 1 slice deli ham, 1 slice deli chicken, .5 oz swiss cheese, .3 cup purple cabbage, 2 cups mixed greens, 1 serving of crispy onions, .5 cup cucumber, 1 serving of Bountifuls dressing

Tuesday
Salad with 1.5 cups of mixed greens, .3 cup of purple cabbage, 2 servings of croutons, 1 slice of deli ham, 3/4 of a slice of provolone, 3/4 cup of coleslaw, water

Wednesday
Salad with 1.5 cups mixed greens, .3 cup purple cabbage, 3/4 cup coleslaw, 2 slices deli ham, 1 slice provolone cheese,.5 cup cucumber, 2 tbls crispy onions, 2 tbls slivered almonds, toasted,

Thursday
salad with 1.5 cup mixed salad greens, .5 cup purple cabbage, .3 cup cucumber, 1 slice deli ham, half of a small orange, 1.5 servings of crispy onions,

Friday
Salad with mixed greens, 1 slice of provolone cheese, 1 serving of crispy onions, .3 cup purple cabbage,.5 cup of cucumber, 1.5 tbls of hearty Italian dressing

Saturday
Was a simple salad with iceberg lettuce, croutons, carrots, purple cabbage, and balsamic dressing. I forgot to bring cheese to my MIL so I didn't have a protein on this salad.

Sunday
I had the Chicken Bruschetta Salad from a local restaurant. It had mixed greens, purple cabbage, tomato/onion bruschetta topping, parma cheese, chicken, and garlic toasts.

I was going to add two days to the end of the challenge and I ended up eating a small salad yesterday for lunch but it didn't meet the "rules". Tonight I will have a side salad with soup for dinner so that will be 14 salads with the break only for those days that I felt super nasty so overall a success.

Thanks Leng for hosting.

No comments: